Youngstown Live! Tour of the Valley 2010 Survey Results:
[table id=29 /]
- Rider Quotes:
- I found the race to be very well organized, and well supported by the community
- Great race for the area considering how few cyclists there are in Youngstown. It attracted riders from all over Cleveland and Pittsburgh and helped the local economy.
- This race was definitely one of the best races I ever did.
- For a race in it’s second year this is a great event. I have raced other big races like Fitchburg, Killington and Altoona and it has potential to be that caliber of a race.
- It was a great event and I look forward to next year
- Overall this one of the best races I ever did.
KEY FINDINGS OF THE SURVEY INCLUDE:
- 65.3% of the respondents indicated that this was their first Tour of the Valley Race
- Everyone who took the survey said they would participate again next year
- 83.6% were male
- 30.1% were between the ages of 35 and 44
- 23.3% were between the ages of 26 and 34
- 40.5% of the cyclists raced in the Men Cat 4/5
- 38.4% traveled between 31 and 69 miles to attend the event
- 39.7% have only been competing between 1 and 3 years
- 44.3% commuted daily to each day of the race from outside the Mahoning/Columbiana Valley
- 54.9% of the respondents heard about Tour of the Valley via word of mouth
- 35.2% discovered the race through the Tour’s website
- 46.6% waited to register to take advantage of the registration sale/discount offered on June 12, 2010
- 50% of the respondents found the 2010 Tour of the Valley website to be highly informative, useful, and helpful
- 67.6% found the race coordination and management by officials, marshals and volunteers to be outstanding